For updated Covid-19 regulations please contact our representatives
Chile is a long, narrow country stretching along South America’s western edge, with more than 6,000km of the Pacific Ocean coastline. Santiago, its capital, sits in a valley surrounded by the Andes and Chilean Coast Range mountains. The city’s palm-lined Plaza de Armas contains the neoclassical cathedral and the National History Museum. The massive Parque Metropolitano offers swimming pools, a botanical garden, and a zoo.
Moving to Chile can get complicated, like any international move. By choosing Nobel Relocation for your move to Chile, you can be assured your belongings will arrive safe, unharmed, and in a timely fashion.
We understand that bureaucracy can be complicated enough without having to worry about your belongings, we at Nobel Relocation will handle all the paperwork and double-check it many times so you don’t encounter problems on the final destination side. All we ask from you is to give us the pleasure of simply turning up at customs when we will need you to release your shipment, in order for it to be delivered straight to your new door.
At Nobel Relocation you will find no other company more equipped to pack, load, transfer, and deliver your belongings to Chile. Our professional packers are highly trained and experienced in packing your belongings for international journeys that can be unpredictable due to unforeseen circumstances such as the changing weather.
Nobel Relocation has only your best interest at heart accompanied by years of successful experience and the most professional and honest staff. Nobel Relocation, is a company you can be sure to trust when moving to Chile.
We can provide moving services from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and Texas. We can provide moving and relocation services to Santiago, Valparaiso, and other cities in this beautiful country.
WHY CHOOSE NOBEL RELOCATION FOR YOUR MOVE TO CHILE FROM THE US?
- Because we are professionals and specialists in International Moves and Relocation.
- Because our services cover nearly the entire globe.
- Because our worldwide agencies are present in 186 countries.
- Because we are proud of our record—100% satisfied customers!
ARE YOU MOVING FROM CHILE TO THE USA? – PRESS HERE
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Non-citizen work visa valid for at least 12 months
- Bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Valued inventory
- Exemption form from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- Travel certificate showing inbound and outbound travel dates obtained in Chile (returning citizens)
- All shipments are subject to physical inspection by Customs and the Agricultural Office (SAG), which may delay clearance.
- If no exemptions can be applied for new items, household goods are generally assessed 6% duty over cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value, plus a surcharge of 50% on used goods.
- There is also a VAT of 19% over cost, insurance, and freight (CIF)
- The Customs valuation of household goods considers depreciation for use and must be comparable to the value of similar articles in the country of origin.
- Returning citizens are free of duties and taxes up to 5,000 USD depending on the length of their stay abroad:
- Between 6 and 12 months: 500 USD FOB
- Between 1 and 5 years: 3,000 USD FOB
- More than 5 years: 5,000 USD FOB
- Only 1% of duty over cost, insurance, and freight value is applied
- Non-citizens with a temporary residence visa or visa are subject to employment for at least 12 months and may import up to USD 5,000 FOB of used household goods and personal effects without paying duties, only a nominal tax of 1% over cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value
- If the visa is still in process, it is possible to clear under-bonded storage at the personal residence.
- Definitive importation of the goods must be completed within 90 days.
- Diplomats and international officials are exempt from importation duties and taxes on household goods, in which case an exemption form is needed from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- All wood packing and wood items must comply with ISPM 15 standards.
- If there is no previous treatment of wood items, the Agriculture Office may order complete fumigation (wood furniture is not required to have previous fumigation).
- Sales contract / commercial invoice
- Certificate of title
- Original bill of lading
- Sworn declaration of the description of the vehicle
- Cars being shipped from US to Chile must have Fumigation Certificate
- The weight, and freight amount of the household goods, including the vehicle must be listed on the original bill of lading.
- The number of pieces and a description of the car must also be included.
- Import of new cars is allowed as a normal import paying all applicable duties and taxes.
- Import of used motorcycles is strictly prohibited.
- Import of used cars is strictly prohibited, except for the following exceptions:
- Returning citizens that have stayed abroad for over 12 months.
- All duties and taxes apply (27%)
- Foreign diplomats and international officials can import automobiles duty and tax-free.
- Chilean diplomats:
- Have the option of monetary compensation if they do not import a vehicle.
- Also may import a new car as long as the owner of the goods pays all duties and taxes.
- International vaccination certificate (dogs and cats)
- Veterinary health record
- Pro-forma invoice
- There is no quarantine period.
- Pets may be retrieved from Customs immediately upon arrival.
- Agents must know in advance the date and flight of arrival to assist in the clearing.
IAM Note: Check with the destination agent prior to shipping other types of pets as some may require additional permits from the Agricultural Office (SAG).
- Foodstuffs (only non-perishable food, canned or sealed, and in an amount limited for personal use may be imported)
- Alcohol (adults over 18 years old may import 2.5 liters of alcohol duty-free, including wine; if the amount exceeds 2.5 liters, the owner of the goods must pay duties and taxes of 27% or more)
- Only sports firearms for hunting may be imported (a special permit must be obtained prior to shipping)
- Used motorcycles (new motorcycles are permitted)
- Used cars (unless imported by a returning citizen given he/she meets the same conditions)
- Used car tires
Embassy of Chile – Washington DC
Covering; Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 700
Washington, DC 20009
Consulate General of Chile – Miami, Florida
800 Brickell Ave. _ Suite 1200
Miami, FL 33131
Consulate General of Chile – Atlanta, Georgia