Moving to Singapore from the United States can be an exciting experience. Singapore is a vibrant and modern city-state with a rich culture and history. It is a major hub for business and finance in Southeast Asia and offers a high quality of life for its residents.
If you are planning to move to Singapore from the US, there are a few things you should know. First, you will need to obtain a visa in order to live and work in Singapore. The most common type of visa for those moving to Singapore for work is the Employment Pass, which allows the holder to work for a specific employer in Singapore.
Once you have obtained your visa, you will need to arrange for your belongings to be shipped to Singapore. This can be done through a professional international moving company, which can handle the logistics of transporting your belongings to Singapore.
Once you arrive in Singapore, you will need to find a place to live. There are many options available, from high-rise apartments in the city center to more affordable housing in the suburbs. You should research the different areas of Singapore to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
It is also important to familiarize yourself with the local culture and customs in Singapore. Singapore is a multicultural society, and you will find people from many different backgrounds living and working together. It is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions, and to be open-minded and accepting of others.
Overall, moving to Singapore from the US can be an exciting and rewarding experience. With its vibrant culture and dynamic economy, Singapore offers many opportunities for those looking to live and work in a new and exciting place.
Nobel Relocation, is happy to assist you to relocate to this very special place.
you can rest assured your belongings will arrive safe, unharmed, and in a timely fashion.
We understand that bureaucracy can be complicated enough without having to worry about your belongings, we at Nobel Relocation will handle all the paperwork and double-check it many times so you don’t encounter problems on the final destination side. All we ask from you is to give us the pleasure of simply turning up at customs when we will need you to release your shipment, in order for it to be delivered straight to your new door.
At Nobel Relocation you will find no other company more equipped to pack, load, transfer, and deliver your belongings to Singapore. Our professional packers are highly trained and experienced in packing your belongings for international journeys that can be unpredictable due to unforeseen circumstances such as the changing weather.
Nobel Relocation has only your best interest at heart accompanied by years of successful experience and the most professional and honest staff. Nobel Relocation, is a company you can be sure to trust when moving to Singapore.
We can provide moving services from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and Texas to this part of Asia.
WHY CHOOSE NOBEL RELOCATION FOR YOUR MOVE TO SINGAPORE FROM THE US?
- Because we are professionals and specialists in International Moves and Relocation.
- Because our services cover nearly the entire globe.
- Because our worldwide agencies are present in 186 countries.
- Because we are proud of our record—100% satisfied customers!
ARE YOU MOVING FROM SINGAPORE TO THE USA? – PRESS HERE
Moving Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport (photograph and personal information pages)
- Declaration of facts form
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of the owner of the goods’ employment pass / green card (both sides)
- Goods and services tax relief form (GST)
- Supplementary Customs declaration form
- Wine and liquor declaration form
- Exemption permit (diplomats)
- A duty exemption will be given to goods if all documentation as requested above is in order.
- Goods should be in the owner of the goods’ possession and used for more than 3 months.
- Shipment must be imported into Singapore within 6 months of the owner of the goods’ first arrival in Singapore.
- If the shipment arrives more than 6 months after the owner of the goods’ employment pass (EP) into Singapore, the shipment is subject to 7% goods and services tax (GST) on the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value.
- Returning Singaporean residents should be away for more than 6 months to get 7% GST relief.
- Embassy, high commission, Consulate or accredited trade organization in and owner of the goods who has been accorded diplomatic and consular privileges and immunities by the Singapore Government are eligible for duty exemption and GST relief on all goods that are for the personal or official use of the owner of the goods or organization; an exemption permit is required to cover the import of such goods but the organization and its authorized claimants have to be first registered with Customs.
- A failure to declare all items or pay taxes due may result in prosecution, fines, and/or imprisonment.
Moving Motor Vehicles to Singapore
- Certificate of Compliance
- Original commercial invoice
- Insurance papers
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Owner of the goods’ passport
- Inward declaration permit
- Customs in-payment permit
- Customs duty payment receipt
- Temporary certificate of entitlement
- Manufacturer’s letter confirming the date the automobile was manufactured
- Certificate of compliance from exhaust emission control standard is required for all new and used vehicles.
- Autos and motorcycles are subject to very high duty and registration fees; importation is highly discouraged.
- Must be registered in the owner of the goods’ name for continued use and not for resale.
- Left-hand drive vehicles are prohibited.
- Vehicles more than three years old cannot be imported.
- Boats are duty-free but must be for the owner of the goods’ use and not for resale.
- Dismantled vehicles are not permitted.
- Please do not load the motor vehicles into shipment first. The cost of registering vehicles for use on roads is significant. It is strongly advised that the transferee contact agent as well as the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for specific information.
Moving Pets to Singapore
- Import license from the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA)
- Reservation for quarantine (if applicable) must be made prior to import
- If the ownership of an animal cannot be verified from birth to 6 months for that animal, it will be quarantined.
IAM Note: There are many requirements regarding the importation of pets into Singapore. It is strongly advised that the transferee contact agent as well as the AVA for specific information.
- Intoxicating liquors
- Tobacco products
- Motor vehicles
- Petroleum products
- Liquors and cigarettes marked with the words “SINGAPORE DUTY NOT PAID” on the labels, cartons or packets
- Chewing gum, chewing tobacco, and imitation tobacco products (except approved oral dental and medicated gum by the Health Sciences Authority)
- Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
- Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
- Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by an implant or injected into any parts of the body
- Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or vaporizers
- Nasal snuff (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Oral snuff (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Gutkha, khaini and zarda (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Weapons, gun, ammunition of any kind, cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
- Narcotics, controlled or non-branded drugs, and psychotropic substances
- Endangered species of wildlife and their byproducts
- Firecrackers or counterfeit currencies
- Obscene articles, pornographic books, materials, publications on video tapes / discs and software
- Reproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Seditious and treasonable materials
- Animals and birds and their by-products
- Endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
- nasal snuff
- Arms and Explosives
- Bullet-proof clothing
- Weapons, Kris, spears and swords
- Prerecorded cartridges and cassettes
- Films, video tapes / discs, laser discs, CD-ROMS, and video games
- Medicines, pharmaceuticals, and poisons
- Telecommunications, radio communication equipment, and toy walkie-talkies
Embassy of Singapore in Washington DC
3501 International Place, NW
Washington DC 20008
Consulate General of Singapore – Miami, Florida
1515 Sunset Drive – Suite 44
Coral Gables, FL 33143