For updated Covid-19 regulations please contact our representatives
If you’re moving to Germany then you’re going to need an experienced international mover such as Nobel Relocation, who can help you get your possessions there safely, cost-effectively, and timely
You shouldn’t attempt to relocate your family and possessions to Germany on your own. There are so many different customs regulations you’ll have to understand that it’s easy to make mistakes that can delay your relocation, or even have it end in a total disaster. Your goods may end up being confiscated over a technicality or face exorbitant customs or shipping fees unexpectedly
An experienced international moving company such as Nobel Relocation can easily assist you in preparing your household goods for shipment. We’ll let you know what’s acceptable to be placed in the container and what must be left behind so that you effortlessly sail through customs. We can expertly handle any bulky furniture or equipment that you want to move, and we’ll do it safely and properly.
Nobel Relocation has all of the knowledge, experience, skills, facilities, and personnel to get your goods to Germany without incident. We ensure that your valuables are properly packed for maximum safety. We also understand that when our customers make such a major decision such as moving to Germany that they are always concerned about the cost. We take away that concern by offering affordable rates without compromising on the quality of your move.
We make sure that your moving experience is stress-free from the earliest planning stages right through to delivering your most private possessions to your new doorstep. You’ll save time, money, and effort by entrusting your transportation and shipping requirements to Nobel Relocation.
We’re your one stop moving with a shipping service provider that you can trust. That’s why when you’re ready to ship internationally, more people call Nobel Relocation first because we are reliable, affordable, and professional. Give us a call today so that we can begin helping you plan your very important move to Germany.
WHY CHOOSE NOBEL RELOCATION FOR YOUR MOVE TO GERMANY FROM THE US?
- Because we are professionals and specialists in International Moves and Relocation.
- Because our services cover nearly the entire globe.
- Because our worldwide agencies are present in 186 countries.
- Because we are proud of our record—100% satisfied customers!
ARE YOU MOVING FROM GERMANY TO USA? – PRESS HERE
CUSTOMS REGULATION MOVING TO GERMANY:
USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Bill of lading (BL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list in German or English
- Customs declaration / signed letter by owner of the goods
- Customs registration form 0350
- Letter of employment or botschaft bescheinigung (returning citizens)
- Anmeldebestätigung (registration)
- Diplomatic entry form 0349 (diplomats)
- Certificate from the diplomatic organization in Germany (diplomats)
- Effective processing of the Customs declaration can only commence once the goods are in the European Union and have been presented at the Customs office.
- Products imported into the European Customs Union are subject to duties only when and where the product first enters the European Union (e.g., Germany).
- The Customs declaration should be provided by the local agent in Germany.
- A letter signed by the owner of the goods certifying that the following taxable high value goods have not been included in the shipment:
- Customs registration form 0350 stating goods will not be sold for 12 months.
- Letter of employment must state the term of employment will be for a minimum of 12 months and that the owner of the goods lived abroad for at least 12 months (must be issued by the employer of the client)
- Anmeldebestaetigung can be obtained from the appropriate German town hall confirming registration of new residency in Germany (not older than 3 months).
- Effective 1st November, 2015, the owner of the goods is required to obtain a confirmation letter, called “Wohngeb Bescheinigung” from their future landlord in order to get a registration, “Anmeldebestätigung“.
- The confirmation letter, “Wohngeb Bescheinigung” must confirm that the owner of the goods will live at the address mentioned.
- Shipment must arrive in Germany within 12 months after registration in Germany.
- Botschaft Bescheinigung from the German Embassy or Consulate at origin.
- This document serves to confirm the period of time abroad (returning citizens).
- Proof of registration may not be older than 3 months.
- All goods for duty-free importation, such as household goods and personal effects must have been in the owner of the goods’ possession for at least 6 months in the origin country.
- Duty-free entry for foreign diplomats is permitted if a bilateral agreement exists with the origin country.
- Proof of ownership
- Car documents
- Original bill of lading
- Insurance card from country of origin
- Third-party liability insurance initiated at Customs clearance
- Registration and copy of title from origin country
- The registration must show a minimum use of the last 6 months prior to shipping / prior to the first registration of the client in Germany
- Owner of the goods’ town hall registration in Germany (Anmeldebestätigung).
- Cars and motorcycles must be in the owner of the goods’ possession and must have been used for at least 6 months (as evidenced by a proper registration) at origin prior to shipment; adequate confirmation will be given by simple declaration as part of the Customs declaration.
- Approval for possession and use requires title and registration documents showing customers name and identified vehicle for import.
- Cars must be inspected before licensing, and must comply with German technical and environmental regulations and may require modifications.
- Customs clearance requires knowledge of all technical details of the car.
- Tax and duties must be paid in advance to the Customs office.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate in German or translated by a licensed veterinarian
- The veterinary health certificate is valid ten days from the date in which it was issued (20 days for pets coming from non-European countries).
- It must describe the animal and state that the pet is free from rabies and other contagious diseases.
- Animals must be fitted with an identification microchip.
- The import of cats and dogs under 3 months old requires the purchase of an import permit from the state authority of the future residence in the destination country as well as the authority of the port of entry (POE).
- Weapons (applicable license is required)
- Live plants (special import license is required)
- Tobacco and cigarettes (subject to duties and taxes)
- Alcohol does not qualify as household effects and is always subject to duties and taxes. The shipper is required to sign a customs declaration to confirm that the shipment does not contain alcoholic beverages.
- Customs clearance of alcohol is an additional customs clearance and not included in standard destination rates
- Alcohol is subject to duties as per a EU customs code which is complicated. Alcohol is also subject to taxes based on
- duties as per tariff
- taxes of 19% based on duties plus proportionate costs of transport (door-to-door)
EMBASSY OF GERMANY – WASHINGTON DC
If moving from Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, or North East USA to France
4645 Reservoir Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20007
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
100 N. Biscayne Blvd. Suite 2200
Miami, Florida, 33132
Phone (305) 358 0290
Fax: (305) 358 0307
Visa: Monday – Thursday from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Passport and Legal: Monday – Friday from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm